Website Epiphany School
Epiphany School seeks a long-term substitute for a STEM specialist for grades pre-kindergarten to fifth grade. The role is needed from mid-March through the remainder of the 2023-2024 school year.
Primary STEM Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach engaging units for four grade levels per quarter in elementary STEM.
- Implement unit objectives that integrate the NGSS and Washington State Science Standards.
- Facilitate hands-on experiments and projects that allow students to learn by doing.
- Collaborate with teachers and teams, including grade-level teams, technology team, math specialists, content specialists, and others.
- Manage classroom science lab, resources, and annual budget.
- Utilize appropriate educational technology in the classroom and for delivery of instruction.
- Communicate student learning in progress reports for all grade levels.
- Coordinate and support STEM focused special events such as field trips and assemblies.
- Communicate and be a STEM ambassador with families and provide regular input to teacher pages and newsletters.
Expectations For All Teachers at Epiphany School:
- Create a learning environment based on Epiphany School’s three Rs and three Cs: respect, resourcefulness, responsibility, curiosity, confidence, and courage.
- Use Responsive Classroom approach as a framework for working with students.
- Implement instructional strategies that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds and learning differences.
- Assess student progress and maintain effective record keeping procedures.
- Attend grade-level and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Provide recess supervision as scheduled.
- Participate in the school community, including professional learning, service learning, and community events.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
Typical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A degree and teaching experience, preferably in STEM or related fields
- Teaching Certification and endorsement in grade or field preferred
- Demonstrated interest in educating elementary school students.
- Ability to multi-task and to maintain professionalism in a creative and changing environment.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; strong presentation skills.
- Experience and comfort working in a Microsoft environment including MS Office.
- Experience and comfort integrating instructional technology into purposeful STEM instruction; knowledge of ISTE/NGSS standards preferred.
- Must be collaborative, motivated, organized and process oriented.
- Meet all Epiphany School health and safety training requirements.
Ability to obtain the following (the school will cover all associated costs to obtain)
- Portable background check
- STARS 30-hour child-care basics training
- Proof of a negative TB test
- Proof of MMR and COVID-19 immunization
Compensation & Benefits:
The annual salary range for this role is between $64,007 and $114,337, based on years of experience, education, and professional development credits according to our Faculty Compensation System pay scale. When determining an initial offer, we carefully consider these factors to determine placement on the pay scale and may ask the intended hire for additional documentation. Once placement on the pay scale is confirmed, the annual salary amount will be prorated to the length of assignment.
Due to the seasonal nature of this role, Epiphany School will not offer any additional benefits. This role will still accrue paid sick and safe time based on the City of Seattle leave laws. This role will also be paid for any observed holidays.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and optional cover letter through our Employee Portal. The priority review deadline for applications will be January 29, 2024, but applications will be received until the position is filled.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Sates and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Final offer will be contingent on the successful completion of a background, education, and employment check.
About Epiphany School:
Epiphany School is a non-parochial, independent elementary school serving grades pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. The school mission is to challenge and support all students to become confident, curious, and courageous learners through innovative teaching in a caring and inclusive environment. We strive to inspire every child to discover meaning and purpose in a life of learning and actively cultivate an awareness and respect for diversity in all forms. We aim to create a positive, joyful, and inclusive community by embracing the following values:
Respect: We encourage empathy through the strength of our differences, awareness of our global surroundings, and adherence to high standards of conduct.
Responsibility: We build integrity and trust by understanding our choices and owning our actions.
Resourcefulness: We foster resilience and expect all to search and find, to fail and learn, to risk and succeed in a changing world.
With over 260 students, Epiphany School is large enough to offer a broad spectrum of educational opportunities and small enough to maintain a close-knit community that is much like an extended family. The beautiful, historic campus is located in a quiet setting in central Seattle’s Madrona neighborhood.
Epiphany School Diversity Statement:
Epiphany School promotes and cultivates a diverse community as essential to academic success, social and emotional growth, and the development of good character. Engaging diverse perspectives stretches the mind and requires critical thinking, intellectual courage, and creativity. It takes careful listening and thoughtful expression and manifests itself in cultural competency. Thinking beyond oneself and seeing the world through the eyes of others is the foundation of fairness and empathy, and thus prepares our students to live respectfully and responsibly in our pluralistic democratic society.
Epiphany School is committed to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the principle of equal access and opportunity in education and employment and full participation for persons with disabilities in all its programs and services.
Epiphany School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee because of race, color, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, political ideology, physical, mental, or sensory disability, military status, genetic information, age, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Epiphany School complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org