Eton School in Bellevue, Washington, is an independent school for children age three through grade eight whose mission in educating the whole child inspires creative, confident thinkers who have an enduring passion for learning and are poised to contribute to the world. As a school and organization, we commit to learning, reflecting, growing, changing, and honoring the worth and dignity of all people. In support of our mission and statement on diversity, we seek a qualified School Counselor to work with all levels of our student population.
The School Counselor serves a vital role in maximizing student achievement, supporting a safe learning environment, and addressing the needs of all students through prevention and intervention programs. The School Counselor is scheduled to work Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. as a 10-month employee. There will be no work during scheduled school breaks, and the salary is split into 12 monthly installments. The salary range for this position is $57,000-$90,000. Placement within this salary band us dependent upon experience.
Examples of Daily Tasks Include:
· Counsel individual students on a broad range of mental health issues.
· Provide mediation to groups of students and teach conflict resolution skills.
· Develop and implement an age-appropriate social-emotional curriculum across campus.
· Observe and assess students and collaborate to promote the best student outcomes.
· Meet with families, faculty, specialists, and/or school leadership to develop strategies.
· Provide tools and community resources to support students in meeting academic, social, or behavioral goals.
· Support school program through shared recess and lunch duty coverage.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Minimum 21 years of age
· At least 2-4 years of experience working with elementary/middle school-aged students on social and emotional health.
· School experience is preferred.
· BA is required, MA in counseling, school counseling, or a psychology-related field is preferred.
· Licensure in school counseling, professional counseling is preferred but not required.
· Desirable skills include active learning and listening, critical thinking, observation, communication, social perceptiveness, effective time management, and a service-oriented approach to work.
· Minimum of three hours of suicide prevention training through a PESB-approved suicide prevention course or a Department of Health (DOH) approved program within the last five years.
· Knowledge of child psychology and development and student therapy and counseling
· Ability to manage confidential records and reports, communicate effectively in English, and use applications within the Microsoft Office suite, internet browser, and student information systems.
· Health and safety trainings (can be completed upon hire; the school will reimburse costs):
o Pediatric and Adult CPR/AED and First Aid training
o Bloodborne Pathogens training
o Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
o Medication Management
· Provide results of a one-step Mantoux TB skin test prior to starting work or written proof of a negative test result within the past twelve months. Positive results require documentation of treatment or a negative chest x-ray.
· Provide proof of MMR vaccination, immunity through antibody titer, a health care provider’s attestation of infection sufficient to provide immunity, or documentation of medical/religious exemption.
· Complete a Portable Background Check through the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) and submit to fingerprinting as required.
· Ability to lift 30 lbs. overhead and to freely move while supervising and engaging in indoor and outdoor activities with students.
Health, vision, and dental plans are available to employees working a minimum of 24 hours per week beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement plan following one year and a minimum of 1,000 hours of employment; for each dollar an employee contributes, Eton School will provide a matching contribution of up to 8% of an employee’s eligible compensation. Other benefits include discounted Costco membership, discounted rates for Aflac plans, complimentary childcare for employees’ enrolled children (up to allowable IRS limits), and paid professional development opportunities. Paid time off and paid holidays are available as outlined in the Employment Agreement.
Our community promotes a culture of mutual support and life-long learning. We welcome students as equal partners in education, encourage independence, and model grace and courtesy. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, believing that diversity is an asset and enriches the learning experience for all. Employees interact positively and professionally with all members of the community, allowing for the differences of individuals. As such, employees of Eton are expected to respectfully engage with, learn from, and honor staff, students, and families regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability. Please apply if you have a warm disposition, a genuine love for children, and enjoy working in a strong collaborative environment.
Eton School is an equal-opportunity employer. Send a cover letter and completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our job application can be found at: https://bit.ly/eton_employmentapp
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Eton School and Eton School Foundation that no person shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any physical, mental or sensory disability. This policy is consistent with Titles VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1976; the Governor’s Executive Order 85–09; the Americans with Disabilities Act; and the Washington State Law Against Discrimination, RCW 49.60.
The non-discrimination policy applies to every aspect of Eton School’s and Eton School Foundation’s programs, practices, policies, and activities, including client services and employment practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com