Website Giddens School
Since 1972, Giddens School has held an unyielding commitment to social justice and equity as a central guide to our work with children. This 50-year commitment, along with our country’s painful reckoning with the long history of anti-Blackness and the recent increase in bias incidents facing others in marginalized communities, has galvanized these efforts. As a school community, we have the foundation to push ourselves forward and engage justice and equity both within and beyond the school walls. The years ahead present Giddens School with interesting and challenging strategic initiatives.
Giddens kids are prepared for the real world. How to understand it, how to navigate it, how to shape it, and how to thrive in it. We have designed our values, curriculum, admissions process, learning approach and family support with social awareness and community at the core.
Our educators know that the development of a moral compass is as powerful as the building of a strong academic foundation. We educate the whole child by integrating emotional learning, academics, and social justice perspectives in innovative ways to help students become engaged, connected, and empowered to contribute and participate.
We believe the best learning happens in a diverse, inclusive, and caring school environment. We care deeply about equity and nurturing a diverse community, authentically. It’s not enough to talk about it- we walk the walk in daily life at Giddens.
Our children are the future. At Giddens School, we prepare them to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities to make a difference in the real world. It’s our mission to develop academically and emotionally confident children who will advocate for themselves and for others. Our extraordinarily independent, independent school helps students to discover themselves and become who they can be.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Giddens School is looking for a creative, positive, and dynamic teacher to teach an early childhood class and be an active member of a collaborative teaching team. Our ideal candidate will:
- Value our school mission and enrich their instruction with a commitment to diversity through a respect for all children and cultures
- Have deep knowledge of early childhood learning and pedagogy
- Build a positive classroom community
- Appreciate the role of curiosity and exploration in early childhood learning environments
- Be a creative and strong team member; one who enjoys collaboration and views the work of teaching as public practice
- Be committed to learning about the different cultures and traditions of our families and look toward celebrating these when relevant
- Be an advocate for social responsibility through a strong commitment to academics and social emotional growth for all students
- Initiate growth and change in own intellectual and professional development, seeking out feedback and other opportunities to learn
We are a professional, highly engaged faculty, and we are looking for positive, proactive people to join us. The ideal candidate for this full-time position will have:
- formal education or training in early childhood teaching and child development
- deep knowledge of the developmental needs of preschool and Pre-Kindergarten students
- strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Salaried, 10 Month Full Time, Exempt. This position is open now. Annual starting salary range: $44,000 – $86,000 annualized, depending on experience
- Health, vision, and dental insurance plan
- Contribution to a retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page statement of educational philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non Discrimination Statement
Giddens School is actively seeking to diversify its workplace. It does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, disability, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com