The Valley School is seeking an Accounting Clerk/Business Office Assistant for a permanent part-time position in the school’s Business Office, who ideally will work for the school 20 hours per week or equivalent with a flexible work schedule. This person will collaborate closely with the Director of Finance and Operations with responsibility for key business operations:
- Accounts Receivable: Entering student charges, enter payment receipts, creating ACH and check deposits
- Accounts Payable: Entering vendor bills, related bill payments and credit card transactions
- Payroll processing
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Monthly and periodic reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements
- Maintaining files, communication and organization related to all tasks
- Other related duties, including but not limited to, calculating prorations, etc.
- Quick study to learn and follow the school’s established processes, initiate improvements to current processes and procedures
- Time Management Skills: ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Organizational Skills: Creates action plans to meet goals and objectives timely and effectively
- Conducts periodic self-reviews of progress and measures against goals. Assists in establishing broad policies for the office to ensure success
- Communications Skills: Effectively communicates accounting, financial and service issues that are complex in nature.
- Maintains open communications channels with peers, administrators, and customers at the school. Ability to maintain positive camaraderie within the community.
- Written Communication Skills: Effectively communicates complex business issues
- Problem Solving Skills: Considers a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems. Grasps complexities and perceives relationships among different problems or issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance preferred or a minimum of five years’ experience relevant in accrual-based accounting; Working knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus
- Strong proficiency and experience with Quickbooks required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel, required
- Familiarity with BigSis and/or ability to learn an online program quickly
- Clear fingerprint background check
The Valley School offers a payscale that is competitive with comparable schools in the Seattle area and is commensurate with experience and credentials. The Accounting Clerk/Business Office Assistant is an hourly position. The pay range for this position is between $30.00 – $35.00 per hour, depending on experience. This position is eligible for our benefits program, which includes 100% company paid health, vision, and dental insurance, in addition to our 403b program, 80 hours (4 weeks at 0.50 FTE) per year of vacation, in addition to sick and personal time off, plus more.
To apply for this job please visit valleyschoolseattle.bamboohr.com.